Our school strives to instill in our students a sense of belonging and identity. A dress code is also conducive to good behavior and fosters a positive educational experience that promotes success. In view of this, we ask for parents’ full cooperation in ensuring students adhere to the school’s dress code.
Our Lady of Pompei School has a color dress code; navy blue and white. All students are expected to come to school appropriately dressed and well groomed. This helps emphasize the serious nature of attending school.
STUDENTS MAY WEAR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- NAVY BLUE BOTTOMS: Plain navy blue tunic, knee-length skirt, pants or bermudas
- WHITE TOPS: Plain solid white blouse, shirt, t-shirt, turtleneck or polo
- BLUE SWEATER: Plain solid navy blue sweater, sweatshirt or cardigan
- INDOOR SHOES: Only indoor shoes are permitted in the classroom. Students who are not able to tie their laces should wear shoes with Velcro fasteners.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED
- Jeans, tights and/or spandex shorts or pants
- Mini-skirts, or skirts that are shorter than knee-length
- Tops with pictures, slogans and/or messages
- Tank tops, halter tops, camisoles and clothing that reveal midriff
- Rolled-up pants, ripped fringes
- Outdoor boots in the classroom
- High heels, platform shoes, running shoes with wheels, strapless and flip-flop sandals
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE DISCOURAGED
- Expensive jewelry or costume jewelry should not be worn.
- Students are encouraged not to wear makeup or nail polish to school.